An employee handbook is really important to a business because it can communicate the employer’s legal, HR and health and safety policies and procedures to their employees.
Policies and Procedures
In the Employee Handbook, an employer can set out policies and procedures, including their:
- Conduct policy,
- Disciplinary procedure,
- Grievance procedure,
- Performance review procedure,
- Absence from work and sickness policy and procedure,
- Holiday policy,
- Time off for dependants policy,
- Parental leave policy,
- Maternity leave policy,
- Paternity leave policy,
- Adoption leave policy,
- Shared parental leave policy,
- Flexible working policy,
- Equality and equal opportunities policy,
- Disability discrimination policy,
- Health and safety policy,
- E-mail and internet policy,
- Data protection policy,
- Whistle-blowing policy,
- Smoke-free policy,
- Redundancy policy,
- Alcohol and drug misuse policy,
- Stress at work policy,
- Conflict of interest policy,
- Sabbaticals policy,
- Anti-bribery and corruption policy,
- Modern Slavery Act policy/statement.
Buy Subscription For Document Templates
Templates for employee handbooks can be purchased as part of a Lawrite subscription for employers from the Lawrite Lawshop.
Lawrite subscriptions also include templates for contracts of employment, and for HR letters, with law guides and health and safety policies.
More information about Lawrite subscription services for employers is available at the Lawrite Lawshop.
Last Updated on March 2, 2021 by Admin